■Faculty of Education : Admission Policy
Tokyo Gakugei University welcomes individuals who seek to create a bright 21st century by becoming talented educators, specifically:
(1) Individuals who desire to combine advanced specialization and outstanding teaching skills and become school educators;
(2) Individuals who desire to acquire the latest specialized knowledge and a superior liberal arts education and work in the area of lifelong education; and
(3) Individuals who desire to acquire and apply their knowledge of education in various fields in today’s advanced information-oriented society.
Tokyo Gakugei University expects students to take the following attitude toward their university studies:
(1) Engage in their classes and seminars with passionate interest and develop their intellectual creativity and curiosity;
(2) Enhance their love of children and their delight in teaching through student-teaching and various other forms of contact with education settings;
(3) Develop relationships with teachers and fellow students and cultivate flexibility, sensitivity, and good communication skills;
(4) Cultivate patience and a sense of community through hands-on learning opportunities and club activities;
(5) Participate actively in volunteer activities and contribute to the creation of a society in which all people can participate fully; and
(6) Acquire excellent foreign language skills and an international perspective through study abroad and other opportunities.
■Graduate School of Education : Admission Policy
The Tokyo Gakugei University Graduate School of Education trains talented educators who will lead the knowledge-oriented society of the 21st century. Students master high-level knowledge and techniques through education and research activities founded on sophisticated human sensibilities and a scientific mindset. The Graduate School welcomes the following types of individuals:
(1) Individuals who aspire to be school educators with the outstanding specialized skills and teaching abilities needed to be high-level professionals;
(2) Individuals who aspire to be school leaders that serve as key educators in school education;
(3) Individuals who aspire to be researchers that use their creative research and development skills to contribute to the advancement of various education-related fields; and
(4) Individuals who aspire to serve in a variety of fields in the knowledge-oriented society by combining their rich knowledge of education and their specialization that addresses the diverse needs of society.
■Admission Policy for the United Graduate School of Education: Doctoral Program
To enhance teacher training and develop school education at universities, the Doctoral Program aims to do the following:
(1) Train the next generation of researchers at teacher-training universities and faculties;
(2) Develop educators who can instruct at teacher-training universities based on their own experience of school teaching; and
(3) Prepare education-related specialists and provide high-level training opportunities.
The Doctoral Program welcomes individuals with a passion for contributing to the advancement of school education by creating a new “advanced science of curriculum studies” that brings together general curriculum studies, specialized curriculum studies, and educational science.