Faculty of Education
School Education Course
The School Education Course is divided into four classifications: A) Elementary School Education B) Secondary School Education C) Special Needs Education D) School Health Care and Education
These programs train students to become professional teachers in one of four specialisms of their choice. Upon completion of the course, students receive a teaching qualification for a specific department and subject. This course is suitable for those who plan to work as schoolteachers in the future.
Education Specialist Course
The Education Specialist Course provides a training program for those who intend to become school support staff members. School supporters work in cooperation with schoolteachers and the local government. This course also provides training for those who wish to become curators or educational staff members at museums, theaters or libraries, and for those who wish to help solve educational problems worldwide.
Graduate School of Education
The purpose of the Graduate School of Education is to help students acquire both outstanding research ability and the practical skills necessary for professional leaders and researchers in the field of education. Students pursue these goals by means of various educational activities and studies undertaken with a humanist and scientific mindset, building on the general and specific knowledge acquired in undergraduate programs.
The Graduate School of Education comprises the Master's Course of the Graduate School of Education (15 majors, 48 courses, and 4 sub-courses) and the Graduate School of Teacher Education (1major).
Graduate School of Education (Master's Course)
The Graduate School of Education Master's Course seeks to enable students to achieve the following development goals.
- Nurture outstanding specialized knowledge and skills, as well as practical abilities, that are appropriate forteachers to be highly specialized professionals.
- Nurture human resources to have advanced knowledge and skills, to enable them to take a leadership role where school education is carried out.
- Nurture the fundamentals of researchers to enable them to carry out highly creative research and development, and make contributions to advances in all fields of education.
- Nurture human resources to have both the specialization for responding to the diverse needs of society and profound knowledge related to education, and to take an active role in various fields of a knowledge-based society.
Graduate School of Teacher Education (Professional Degree Program)
The Major in Advanced Studies on Transforming Educational Practice aims to develop school leaders who will play a central role in school-wide initiatives to address issues in education today and who will spearhead the resolution of issues in collaboration with teachers, parents, guardians, community members, and specialists. We encourage the following people to apply:
- In-service teachers who have advanced skills backed by experience and who aspire to be school leaders
- Working persons and graduating university students who have basic skills and motivation to improve and who aspire to be school leaders
The United Graduate School of Education (Doctoral Course)
The mission of the United Graduate School of Education is to make a contribution toward the systematic advancement of the interdisciplinary sciences in the field of education. The main focuses are on the curriculum and on the processes of teaching and learning at all age levels and in a variety of educational settings. The Graduate School provides students with the professional training programs useful in educational colleges or universities.